This is what went on in my brain for sixteen hours of driving on day one, and then another eighteen hours on day two. I made it to Portland in two days, so the results are in and it seems like I am the fastest Guido of them all. Don’t listen to Karyn’s excuses of oh I’m pregnant, I towed a trailer, I got a flat tire. I won fair and square.
| Beginning of the drive |
| Backseat packed to the max |
| The trunk |
| View from the rearview mirror |
| Jack in the Box! |
| Funnel cloud in Wyoming |
I also got to camp in Wyoming. I noticed a theme in responses when I mentioned my camping plans to folks in Chicago before I left. Aren’t you scared? Can you defend yourself? Are you taking a gun? To these I answered no, no, and yes--an airsoft gun. Either the great people of Chicagoland don’t camp much or they still think going out west is like the old Oregon trail computer game. No, I didn’t have to ford the rivers, Timmy didn’t get bitten by a rattlesnake, and I didn’t spend all of my shotgun shells on hunting bears. The west is civilized, even though it may not seem like it.
| Tent |
| Campground |
| My face when I arrived in Portland at 1:30 in the morning |
| Creepy graduation picture |
You continue to crack me up - glad to know about the bear and the rattlesnake - I was afraid you wouldn't stop at all!
ReplyDeleteThe stuff outside Chicago isn't as scary as what's in Chicago... ME!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on making good time. I know it isn't a competition. It's not about winning or losing... unless you win. :-)
Be nice to Karyn. We like her. Peace, Bro.
If you're using the shotgun to hunt bear in Oregon Trail, we need to talk. There's no good reason to waste valuable resources on anything but a couple of good rifles, unless you decided to be a banker and are in for the finer things. The only good use for a shotgun is hunting the geese in Oregon Trail 3, and even then, you can hit those birds with a rifle if you're good.
ReplyDeleteSorry about Timmy. Administer smelling salts and rest for a week. That should take care of it.
Glad you guys made it. You've got a good deal of my appreciation for staying awake on those drives. I would have died.